Sony A5 (or A6) has IBIS, 4k60p, 5fps, And A Pop-Up EVF? (Rumor)
According to a new rumor from Sony Alpha Rumors, the new Sony A5 (or A6) will have some pretty interesting features and specs, including what’s reportedly being called a “pop-up EVF,” IBIS, 5fps, and 4k60p Video Recording.
Here’s more from the rumor;
Sony A5 (or A6) reliable rumors summary:
- In mid-September, Sony will announce a new entry-level Full Frame camera (could be named Sony A5 or Sony A6)
- Battery is NP-FZ100,
- USB is Type-C.
- it has a single SD card slot
- It has both a mic-in and a headphone jack
- Wi-Fi (11a/b/g/n/ac) and Bluetooth
- New body design similar to a5xxx/a6xxx mixed metal and plastic.
- The grip is pretty large to accommodate the battery.
- 5 fps
- No pop-up flash
- A pop-up EVF with 770.000 pixels (2.3m points) 0.6x mag.
- Touch screen like the a7sIII
- Records 4k 24p 10bit 100mbps, 4k 30p 10bit 100mbps and it even has 50/60p 4k but is really crippled they told me no audio, cropped, and works only in s&q mode
- Price around $1,000 (which makes it the cheapest “new” camera in the lineup). Of course, the first-generation A7 and A7II are priced below $,1000 but they weren’t that cheap when first announced.
[Related Reading: Sony Rumored To Release a 12-24mm f/2.8 GM Lens Later This Month]
As usual, we have to take these rumors with a grain of salt, as even the Sony Alpha Rumors site has said the latest unconfirmed details seem pretty shakey as of yet. Either way, I’m quite intrigued to see what a pop-up EVF would look like and how it would function if that’s even remotely accurate. Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Check Pricing & Availability of Sony Alpha Products Here;